Friday, September 30, 2016

Pre and Post Plagiarism Article Thoughts

Plagiarism is when you copy someone's idea or writing without giving credit. This is something that is very serious and has very serious consequences, especially in high school and college. I know that there are many apps that run essays through their databases to check if anything has been copy/pasted in or stolen. I'm not sure about how much you have to paste in to be considered plagiarism or what happens if you use something similar but not quite the same.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking back at this after reading the article makes me think that I had a good idea of what plagiarism was already. A lot of what I discussed came up, though they never said that professors use software to see if essays have been plagiarized. I didn't really think about how professors would take it, the article mentions that many professors take cheating and plagiarism very seriously. I also learned that changing words around is still plagiarism.

No comments:

Post a Comment